This is a collection of tips, tricks and contacts that the Talk Talk Hell readers and yours truely collected over the lifetime of the blog. Apparently, they work sometimes! Have a read.
This page is updated when new info comes in.
Here are some things you guys can do to get the ball rolling: 1.
Totally agree with you and Darren. One way would be to dispaly the petition very well visible on your homepage and I guess it might be better to use this petition j(sorry Tiffany) just because there are more signatures on and people can hide their name from the web (google) http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=3170 Come on guys – sign it… They need 500. It is possible. Maybe then the Guardian will start reporting about this site?
2. Keeping on with the Guardian theme, here’s the e-mail address for the tech editor: email@example.com
3. Read tips and tricks from the readers:
Take Christopher’s advice and e-mail the folks therin.
Have a nosey through Dec’s recommendations and have a look at the ‘The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999’
4. Try some of the new e-mail addresses and phone numbers we’ve been sent: Charles D firstname.lastname@example.org.
For tech support: 0192 555 6494 (thanks MarkR)
Try one of the numbers here. (Thanks, Annoyed with Talk Talk!)
For line faults and problems:
08700873527 (Thanks Peter!)
E-mail the Chief Exec of Ofcom: email@example.com (Thanks Rob and Helen!)
5. Check out the tips tag here for the expanding list of things to avoid and try.
7. Also, as recommended by Andre and Darren, some sort of en masse effort. Just so you know, I don’t live that far from Preston…. Ideas? The more bizarre, the better.
8. Forward this site! 🙂
9. For technical issues, follow George’s advice:
1. Make sure that you are using the main BT socket for your modem connection.
2. Connect the modem as close as possible to the main BT socket.
3. Go down the ethernet route. If your computer is too far from the BT socket for the supplied cabling buy a ready-made 10 metre ethernet cable – they work ok – I am using 2 x 10 metre with an inline connection.
4. Chuck the TalkTalk filter/s and replace with BT branded filter/s.
5. Connect BT branded filters to any additional sockets.
6. If you still have problems try to talk to a second line Techy. The are far more clued up than the ones who answer the telephone.
8. Find out of you have a tag on your line by calling: 0800 169 9576
powered by performancing firefox