A salesman has e-mailed me anonymously to let me in on some tips regarding some internal bits and pieces. Here’s the breakdown:
1. If you’re an Orange/Wannadoo customer your MAC may not work. CPW have been having a lot of trouble with them.
2. CPW has a new escalation form that seems to be solving some issues but not all. Yet (?)
3. A lot of the e-mail problems you guys have had can be solved at your local CPW shop. The sales person can sign into bbdashboard.talktalk.net with the customer’s username and password and update it from there.
4. Quoted directly: “Everytime you call customer service a note should be on the account by the person you spoke to, if you want to be certain, ask them to make sure it’s been entered, If you need to ring again for the same problem ask the agent to look at the notes and they can work out what’s happened. Sometimes they might not look into something correctly if not prompted, and try redoing something that didnt work before.”
5. Quoted: “Alot of provisioning problems have been issues with BT rejecting the application for the line from TalkTalk, and for some stupid reason TalkTalk don’t do anything after that, so the account just hangs there until the customer calls to find out what’s happening.”
6. 7,000 modems going out per day but fewer complaints. So there is a number of apathetic customers (at least.) Good to know. 🙂
7. Be nice to Talk Talk employees, a lot of them are actually decent folk with souls.
8. On cancelling: “On cancelling the contract, there is no “cancellation code” and you just have to give the standard 30 days notice, but for CPW services it has to be done in writing. if you are not recieving the service as stated in the contract you can cancel without a fee.”
I hope you guys find this useful. Thank you 🙂